Digital Studio Manager
Bring your excellent project management and delivery skills to bear in the Tech sector.
- Flexible hours, location and variety of work
- Working remotely - from anywhere in NZ
- Full time permanent role
Working at the forefront of marketing transformation, Aamplify provides end-to-end digital marketing services to B2B technology, software and professional services brands across Australasia and beyond. Responsible for development and delivery of services for brand development, demand generation, and customer experience design, our goal is to deliver measurable return on marketing investment by generating demand with practical branding and storytelling, content creation, and audience engagement.
The Digital Studio Manager is responsible for managing the team and our production studio across a broad portfolio of accounts, defining and implementing standards and processes, and setting strategic direction for delivery management. The successful candidate will possess a proven ability to deliver on projects and programmes through clear oversight, budget and stakeholder management, and excellent communication skills.
The role requires a people person with strong consulting and organisational skills to build solid relationships with both clients and Aamplify employees. They must be able to define viable approaches and methodologies in line with relevant industry standards and best practices. The role suits a delivery expert, keen to lead our internal process transformation with energy, passion and a can-do attitude. As a brilliant communicator both internally and with clients and other stakeholders, you will bring your organisational skills to a fast-growing business and align project members to function as a team.
Reporting to Aamplify’s Managing Director and often working directly with executive-level stakeholders, the Digital Studio Manager ensures the day-to-day management of our projects and deliverables.
This is a permanent full-time role based in Auckland. Exceptional candidates based remotely will be considered, particularly if they possess deep experience in B2B marketing for tech companies.
Responsibilities of the Role
The Digital Studio Manager manages projects from kick-off to delivery on time, on budget, and on brief. You’re the hub of our wheel, the go-to for the smooth operation of projects, programmes, and our business. Clients and internal team members rely on you for complete project oversight, from what to expect, what's coming next, and where the next steps will be. You have a strong commercial sense of our delivery programme, and as such provide support to the Managing Director in monitoring both top-line revenue and profitability.
Additionally, the Digital Studio Manager will responsible for our internal process transformation, including setting a production strategy with our Managing Director and overseeing the implementation of a new project management software. Because you have a fascination with all things digital and a love for tools that facilitate organisation, you are always on the lookout for new tools, services and ways of doing things.
- Production management– You are an expert at production, project and people management and able to efficiently manage the time of several employees across different clients. You define responsibilities, set direction and allocate departmental tasks with the portfolio of clients and the wider team, and you monitor DSO, both unbilled and WIP.
- Financial Management– You possess strong financial and budgeting skills. None of your projects run over budget, and you always deliver with high profitability. You have experience working with executive leadership to maximise revenue and margin across multiple projects/accounts through project delivery.
- Strong commercial sense– You review and help our Client Partner to develop proposals, scopes, and plans to ensure their viability. You possess an understanding of key business drivers for potential clients and can translate this into how we can add value through production and delivery. The ability to proactively recognise growth opportunities within client accounts is key to this role – and you will help us win them.
- Leadership – You will be the face of delivery at management level including at regular management meetings and you aim to maximise revenue and margin across multiple projects and clients through project delivery. You can draw on your past and current client experiences and external trends to advise the team on how to best meet our clients’ current and future needs.
- Reporting– You take responsibility for the quality of the project deliverables and communication across delivery and you will conduct timely, fair and accurate project reviews for direct reports. You will keep the team updated on Aamplify’s performance against goals and draw on client experiences and trends to advise how to best meet our clients’ current and future needs, adding value and tailoring business strategies and solutions accordingly.
- Effortless communicator – You possess a tested ability to effectively communicate and report on project delivery in a way that is clear, definitive, and simple. You find it easy to deliver clear communication across, between, and within organisations. You don’t shy away from difficult conversations, and you possess practical and reputable experience to call upon when engaging, influencing and negotiating with various audiences.
- Attention to detail – You take great pride in your attention to detail, and your ability to look ahead to spot any potential roadblocks in the way of a project’s success.
- HubSpot lover – Our marketing automation platform of choice is HubSpot, and it’s yours, too.
- 8+ years working in delivery management
- Extensive experience managing projects in a B2B marketing space
- Experience managing programmes and projects in project management tools
- Agency background, or experience in high-growth businesses
- Bachelor's Degree
- Right to work and live in New Zealand
Our Ways of Working
Aamplify embraces new ways of working. We champion delivery over desk time and flexibility over fixed hours. As such, working remotely is the part of our DNA. Whether working from home in the city, a caravan anywhere in the country, or from our office space in Auckland CBD, we promote a culture of balance and boundaries between work and life. We celebrate all people and all family arrangements, and we strive to give our employees opportunities for different experiences and growth.